Thursday, June 12, 2014

Being Grateful: Jenipher Lyn's Book Launch Blog Party


Today, I am delighted and honored to share Jenipher Lyn's dream project and spread the word about her book, How Being Stubborn Depressed and Unpopular Saved My Life. She is one of my most inspiring and extremely driven friends that I met when I lived in Orlando, which feels like a life time ago. I was going through a really challenging time in my life. My marriage of 10 years was ending and I was afraid to talk to anyone about it. I buried myself in my work which became a vehicle to "not deal" with something that was unfolding right in front of my eyes. I had seen Jenipher around a couple of times at craft shows and we exchanged information. However, because of what I was going through at home, it took a great deal of persistence on her part to finally get out of my house and go on a coffee date - which was exactly what I needed! We instantly became friends and many more coffee and craft dates followed. Her friendship and understanding nature came at a time when I needed it the most. I will always remember my last day in Orlando packing my car or rather stuffing as much as we possibly could in it lol! She was so supportive and eager to want to help me, one of her many unique qualities, that I will forever be grateful for.


My contribution that captures how I feel when writing about the gratitude that I have for Jenipher's friendship. AND, for the doodles that she still surprise texts me with to this day. We both live in New York now which is both ironic and funny how things all worked out.

Buy her book! It's honest and encouraging... You will LOVE it!!


“How Being Stubborn, Depressed and Unpopular SAVED My Life” offers an honest and encouraging view on topics such as depression and body image. The book explores the many issues that can start in childhood and follow us into adult life. This post is part of the DoodleDream* Blog Party.  Learn more — and join us! – by clicking here.

No comments: