Monday, May 11, 2015

Goldilocks and The Three Bears: The Smelly Version

I am beyond thrilled to share this his AMAZING project that I worked on with Megan from Melcher Media, part of the Sensory Stories exhibition at the Museum of Moving Images. Not only did I get to illustrate such a nostalgic fairytale, 'Goldilocks and The Three Bears', but it's also aromatic, hence the unique version that engages your sense of smell. And, to top that off, it's also animated!!! The book has selected scents placed throughout the story, so for example, when Goldie first smells the porridge coming from the cabin in the woods, the scent that you smell is apricot. The scent comes from a machine that is called oPhone, you can learn more about it over at oNotes.com. The exhibition is currently at the Museum of Moving Images in Astoria, NY running through July 26th. The exhibition features the future of story telling with ground breaking new technologies incorporating full body immersion and interaction that includes touch, sight and smell. My illustrations are part of the exhibit for the world premiere of an aromatics story presented by oBooks. I am very proud and pleased to be involved in this amazing new innovative story book experience!

I thought it would be fun to share some of the sketches/ process with you rather then the final, which can be seen on my website. There are a few scenes that show Goldie repeated in order for the animation to work. These are not on my website, so I'll also share them with you here.

Part of my morning routine is to list things that I'm grateful in my journal, but today since most of my gratitude is about this project, I'll share them on here.  1. I'm grateful for Megan, the editor that found my work on-line and hired me for this project. 2. I'm grateful for my agency, Shannon Associates. 3. I'm grateful for my partner, who encourages me to break out of my comfort zone each and every day. Happy May Ya'll!








No comments: